Sunday, February 21, 2010

Solving the problem with running Apache Tomcat

I'm using Microsoft Vista and I have installed the JDK (jdk-1_5_0_17-windows-i586-p) I set the path variable and confirmed thatJava is working fine by running "java -version" on cmd and running some Java source files.Then I tried to run Apache Tomcat on on my system by apache-tomcat-6.0.24\bin\startup.bat.But the tomcat command promt window is opened and suddenly dissappered with out running tomcat. The problem was although I have installed JDK, I haven't set the JAVA_HOME variable.

So in order to run Apache ant First you have to install Java correctly.After that set

  • System variable path to where is Java bin(In my case it is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_17\bin\)
  • Add a new system variable JAVA_HOME and set value to where you have installed Java (In my case it is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_17)

No comments:

Post a Comment